Saturday, May 26, 2012

Spittle and Blather


Spittle and Blather

Have you ever encountered a gaggle
Young mothers pushing their offsprings' 
Strollers postulating the joys babies
Bring lifting them to show 
But seeing just their own 
Baby reaching out its tiny finger
As piercing screech of a blue-throated macaw
Erupts startling need crying out its existence
Upon these crawling creatures 
Young mothers project their fantasies
Hopes dreams imaginations of able men
Women one day making them proud proving
Their pride fulfilling what mothers
Married working walking their progeny

Cannot do for themselves
What do you think or feel
Value as you  watch their excited faces
That this is life the meaning we all
Yearn full of passion to gain
Do you see these happy women 
As beauty as joy as comfort
Is their love for these small beings
Ultimate unconditional unassailable
Am I alone in finding my fulfillment
Otherwise in choosing to abort
As I did
Delighting not in what my semen 
Became but in the seed my mind shares

Yet you will point out sweetly to me
That I like them shall one day be
Blather and spittle
Crying out in pain or wonder 
As what life I have departs
Those gathered around 
Will say how sad he has no children
No sons no daughters to bid farewell
If  a few of those who've loved me all these
Years live still
They will bid my drooling mouth
Good bye
You will witness what flights of meaning
I achieved. 

Jack 5/12



No comments: