Thursday, March 18, 2010

Eudaimonia


Eudaimonia

Who will free me from my inertia
Who show me the red road of wisdom
As I flounder toward the last days of
Pompous play of flaunting my laurels
Masking my existential angst
Drinking the wine of plenitude

Show me the way to the sea
Not the sea of ignorance I have fought
Against for scores
Rather the sea of
Water pure and simple a home
With windows open to the ocean air

Will I follow the aging master of ceremonies
Swimming daily in the deep
Creating communities
Magician dancer shaman conjurer
Or follow the creative songs of my 
Child philosopher protege prodigy

Into manhood 
Will I continue in the bosom of my school
My nourishment continue still  drifting
Wondering when to turn the driftwood into love
Love of Nature as a Pantheist
Love of the Goose and the Star

Take me Aristotle to the happiness when
The World and all that's in it
Is summed up in the number three


No comments: